Here is something that I made for Claudia (she got the recipe from the book of Gwyneth Paltrow).
I didn’t want to share it at first only because this is not the type of food I like. Altho’ I like kimchi but cauliflower? Hell, no. And also I wasn’t sure if it is good.
Until Claudia sent me this text:
She liked it so much that she told me to make it again the next day.
Here it is:
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil (if you don’t have safflower oil, you can use avocado oil)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 small bunch of kale (leaves sliced into ribbons)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped kimchi
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons tamari (if you don’t have tamari, you can use low sodium Kikkoman)
- cut the cauliflower into small florets, then pulse in a food professor until the pieces are the size of couscous.
It should look like this:
2. Heat the safflower and sesame oils in a large non stick sauté pan over high heat. Add the kale and the cauliflower and sauté until the kale is wilted and cauliflower is beginning to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Mix in the scallions, kimchi, cilantro and tamari.
3. Taste for seasoning and serve.
*you can get avocado oil in Healthy Options
I’d like to thank everyone for the outpour of love and prayers you gave me and my family (thru text, FB messages, those who left comments here and to those who called). It may not ease the pain my family (especially my sister Putchie) is going through now but the thought of being loved is more than enough.
And I also want to correct a mistake in my last post. I’m sorry I did not make it clear and gave you the idea that I will stop blogging. Yes, I “toyed” with the idea because of the confusion and the pain that made me think about the purpose of my life.
But no, I won’t stop. It’s the only thing that’s making me go on these days. Talking and being connected to people that care for me.
Once again, thank you for the love and for being a part of my life.
Sige, mag luto na kayo. Masarap yan!