Since Vito is back home I decided to cook lunch regularly (I try). I did not want him to be eating out a lot. When he was in Vancouver I only cook if Claudia and Vinny eats at home (lunch and dinner). Otherwise I won’t cook (I eat whatever our cook makes).
Today, I cooked this recipe that a friend of mine in Facebook shared, it came out good (and healthy) and I want to share this with you.
One-Pot Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta
8 oz linguine (I used spaghetti)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
8 Tbsp. (1 stick) unsalted butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1¼ lbs large shrimp
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp dried oregano
4 cups baby spinach
¼ cup Parmesan
2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1. In a large pot, boil water and add pasta. Cook (stirring frequently) until al dente.
2. Drain and set aside pasta.
3. In the same pan, heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter. Add garlic and crushed red pepper, cook until fragrant.
4. Toss in shrimp, salt and pepper to taste, and stir until shrimp start to turn pink, but are not fully cooked.
5. Add oregano and spinach, cook until wilted.
6. Return cooked pasta to the pot, add remaining butter, parmesan, and parsley. Stir until well mixed and the butter is melted.
7. When the shrimp are cooked, add lemon juice, mix once more, then serve while hot.