Claudia requested her favorite Salmon Burgers for dinner tonight. I decided to share the recipe with you ’cause it is healthy and it’s really good (if I should say so myself).
Ingredients (this is for 3 servings):
- 3/4 lb raw salmon (bones removed)
- 1/3 cup wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste (we don’t have garlic paste, so I used minced garlic instead)
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 jalapeno (chopped, seed removed)
- 1/4 cup green onions (chopped)
- pinch of sea salt & pepper
- garnish: cilantro
- spray coconut oil
- for the burger:
- 1 oz goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- red onion
- tomato slices
- chop up raw salmon into chunks and ensure the bones have been removed. While canned salmon can be used for this recipe, it is highly recommended that you use raw salmon. When blended raw salmon turns into a “sticky paste,” like minced meat, which makes it much easier to bind together and form patties. If canned salmon is used, you will need to ensure it is completely drained and add more breadcrumbs and at least 1 egg to help with binding.
- To a blender, add salmon, breadcrumbs, garlic, paprika and lemon juice. Slowly pulse blend until it creates a thick, sticky paste.
- Dump the content into a bowl and add green onions and jalapeno. Mix together using your hands and form large patties.
- Place the patties in the freezer for about 20 minutes so they can become firm.
- Spray a non stick skillet with coconut oil and set it on medium heat.
- Add the patties and cook and cook each side for about 4 to 5 minutes, until the outer coating is burger and the edges are crispy.
- Enjoy these patties with a fresh salad or you can assemble a burger.