Finally, the second issue of my Proust Questionnaire! I know this is a month late but it’s here!
This segment was suppose to come out monthly but I can’t help delays. Let me explain why it got delayed. The second issue was supposed to be Kuya Kim Atienza. He agreed to do it and I announced the mystery celebrity on Facebook and Twitter.
He never sent his answers to the Questionnaire and never bothered to reply my follow-up emails. I waited for like a month and a half only because I already sent out feelers on who is it going to be.
But he never followed up. No word from him. So, I guess busy sya nag hahabol ng bagyo!
So, I don’t have a choice but to release the third celebrity. My third celebrity is highly requested.
He’s one of our top and well known fashion designers. When I asked him to join this segment he replied right away and in less than a week he sent his answers. Talking about professionalism!
So, without further ado, our celebrity for this month is no other than Rajo Laurel.
Here are the answers to the Proust Questionnaire.
What is your idea of perfect happiness?
– On top of a mountain during particularly crisp clear winter evening enjoying a cup of delicious coffee witnessing the Aurora Borealis. With all my loved ones around me celebrating our perfect health and contentment.
What is your greatest fear?
– That I leave this earth without having meaning and purpose in my life.
What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
– That I am extremely impatient and often speak my mind without actually thinking about others feelings.
What is the trait you most deplore in others?
–Those people who would malign and hurt those that cannot defend themselves.
Which living person do you most admire?
– My Mother
What is your greatest extravagance?
What is your current state of mind?
What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
On what occasion do you lie?
– As much as I can get away with without hurting anyone. LOL!
What do you most dislike about your appearance?
– My girth and my being over weight.
Which living person do you most despise?
– I don’t want to even give that person validation by mentioning the name here.
What is the quality you most like in a man?
What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
What or who is the greatest love of your life?
– My Lola Betty.
When and where were you happiest?
– In my chair on a flight going somewhere exotic and amazing.
Which talent would you most like to have?
– I really wish I had the ability to dance. Talented enough to move someone to tears.
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
– My being overweight. I have always dreamed of what I would like thinner and healthier.
What do you consider your greatest achievement?
– That I am able to give a stable source of income and work for my employees.
If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
– Giselle Bundchen
Where would you most like to live?
– I have always dreamed of living in so many other places other than Manila. Like Sydney, Australia or New York even Paris but somehow Home is and will always be Manila so I guess I am where I am suppose to be.
What is your most treasured possession?
– My family, but those really aren’t possessions so I guess my art and book collection.
What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
What is your favorite occupation?
– I love my job! So I would have to say Designer.
What is your most marked characteristic?
– My positivity.
What do you most value in your friends?
– The ability to be just there for me.
Who are your favorite writers?
– Malcolm Gladwell, Anne Rice, Dana Thomas, Ernest Hemmingway and Khaled Hosseini
Who is your hero of fiction?
– Wonder Woman and Darna
Which historical figure do you most identify with?
– Winston Churchill
Who are your heroes in real life?
– My Lolo, “Pepe” Jose S. Laurel
What are your favorite names?
– Sebastian, Balthazar, Guadalupe, Sygrun-Ewa……and Nix.
What is it that you most dislike?
– Hypocrisy, self entitlement and bad manners.
What is your greatest regret?
– That I didn’t have the patience to learn how to play a musical instrument. I would have loved to have learned to play the piano.
How would you like to die?
– In my sleep after a beautiful dinner with all my friends.
What is your motto?
– Carpe Diem!!!
Raymund Joseph “Rajo” Teves Laurel began his professional career in 1993. In 2000 Rajo Laurel founded House of Laurel with his sister, Venisse Laurel-Hermano.
Rajo appeared in Philippines Top Model and he was one of the panel judges of Project Runway Philippines.
Aside from being a famous fashion designer, he maintains a fashion blog, Rajo’s Blogs.
It’s with great honor to have him joined this segment.
My good friend, Rajo Laurel.
Thanks Rajo! For sharing with us the kind of person that you are. Kind, good hearted, helpful, a good friend to have, down to earth and true to yourself.
Kudos to you and more success in all your endeavors!